
flight of fancy idiom
An unrealistic idea or fantastic notion, a pipe dream. For example, She engaged in flights of fancy, such as owning a million-dollar house. This idiom uses flight in the sense of “a soaring of the imagination,” a usage dating from the mid-1600s.
I just love the sense of freedom in the word 'soaring' and must remember in my continued search for the ideal lifestyle, not to let my imagaination and dreams stop soaring. You see my husband and I have always been described as 'restless' , non commital (yes we are married, figure that one out) becasue we refused to conform to the 9-5 paid pension lifestyle. Instead we emabarked on winter ski seasons, worked at whatever we could to live by the beach in the summer times and managed to travel the world inbetween.
This blog is a kind of hommage to that life, the places wev'e been and the inspirations along the way. Everything from home made Bailey's receipes from New Zealand to the coolest surf shop in Newquay..... I want to share the things that have inspired us to keep going and hope it might just inspire you too!
It's also a space to explore the future, the decisions ahead and the different paths to go down. For now though I want to share this awesome shop in New Zealand called House of Aroha. Aroha means Love in Maori and this amazing design led store enbodies that meaning like no other. Firstly it is run by family, even the son in law is involved, it emabraces all of NZ culture and they have such a passion for local artists that the place just ooozzesss cool! It's the type of place that you just have to buy something, no matter how broke you are. We settled on a hand sikl screened teatowel with a NZ take on the Cameo image we all know so well!
Whenever I need to be inspired, to remind myself why I want to run my own eaterytique (Eat & Shop) I just have to look here, http://www.houseofaroha.co.nz/ and it all falls into place.
xx
No comments:
Post a Comment