Saturday, January 23, 2010

Day Dream Lily



http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_xFm6-2MWhQc/Sw_LN5_m7HI/AAAAAAAADQE/NNjjoNXnyJU/S980-R/header.jpg

This week has been full of inspirational stuff...... it started with a cool digital mag called Antler http://www.antlermag.com which led me to Day Dream Lily http://www.daydreamlily.com/. Just the name in itself was enough to get me rethinking possible names for our little venture. The emotion a few words can create and the imagery that goes with it works so well in capturing the essence of the name. Can we achieve the same.....
It's all about the name! So many business books go on about the infamous 4 letter gem of a name, that rolls off the tongue, that's easy to remember, easy to spell, easy to............. are we belittling our customers? Shouldn't we try to capture their imagination, inspire them so much that they will go to great lenghts just to remember our name? I want a name that I can surround with beautful imagery, preferably images that relate to the sea, to anchors, to sailing ships....... like this SeaSaw
http://media.threadless.com//product/2019/zoom.gif

Sometimes I want it to be floral, pretty, vintage... My imagery changes but my desire doesn't. I want to have fun with our name, own it, enjoy it- I mean after all it's going to be around for a long time. And let's face it, when we name children we don't try to condense it, shorten it, we try to pick a name that the child can grow into, can own and fulfill!
So here's to ignoring the rules and letting your imagination run free
xx

1 comment:

  1. hey - I didnt know about this! Give us more....

    ReplyDelete